Listed: 6 Best Fat Burning Foods for Women
Women, are you struggling to lose weight? No matter what you eat, you can’t seem to lower your BMI? We’re here to help. Did you know that there are fat burning foods you can eat that may help you lower your BMI and lose weight more quickly? In this guide, we’re going to talk about:
- Foods that can help you lose weight faster
- Foods to avoid if you’re trying to drop pounds
- Tips and tricks to help you accelerate your weight loss
So come on, let’s go grocery shopping! These are the foods you’ll want to add to your diet to drop pounds in a hurry.
1. Weight loss supplements
Okay, so they’re technically not fat burning foods, but most women can accelerate their weight loss by adding some dietary supplements to their day. There are a few basic types of weight loss supplements, including fat burners, fat blockers and metabolic boosters. Appetite suppressants are another tool that may be useful to you as you try to lower your BMI.
It’s important that you speak with your doctor before you try taking supplements. Some may interfere with your current medications and others may cause side effects like an elevated heart rate. Once you’re cleared, however, choose a supplement you like and stick with it!
Should you decide to incorporate a weight loss supplement into your routine, remember not to rely on it. Supplements are just that – they’re designed to supplement a healthy diet and exercise. That said, you can greatly increase your weight loss and lower your BMI with these pills, powders and shakes.
- Weight loss pills can be a great way to accelerate your weight loss
- There are several categories of supplements to choose from
- Clear your choice with your doctor, then stick with it!
2. Apple cider vinegar
It’s been shown that apple cider vinegar, or ACV, is one of the best fat burning foods for women. Don’t worry – you don’t have to drink it straight from the bottle! Just sprinkle some on your salad, your fish or your hard boiled egg and you’re good to go. It’s recommended that you get one to two tablespoons each day to assist with weight loss.
If you’re the daring type, you can get your daily allowance of apple cider vinegar by drinking it. However, don’t drink it undiluted. Instead, portion your ACV into water to avoid heartburn and even damage to the lining of your stomach.
Most people find that apple cider vinegar tastes quite good. However, if you don’t care for the stuff, you can find ACV supplements available for purchase online or in stores that will give you the benefits without the flavor.
- Apple cider vinegar can help you lose weight more quickly
- You don’t have to drink ACV to lower your BMI – just use it to flavor your food
- Don’t drink apple cider vinegar undiluted as it can cause some very uncomfortable side effects
3. Fatty fish
It sounds counterintuitive, but did you know that fatty fish are fat burning foods for women? Yes! You can enjoy higher-fat foods and still lower your BMI. And you’ve got some options to choose from, too. Fish like salmon, mackerel, sardines and others are great choices when you’re trying to lower your BMI.
These fish help you because they’re full of omega fatty acids. Omega-3, in particular, can help you drop pounds and accelerate weight loss. It carries additional benefits as well, including improved joint health and brain health.
Even more than that, though, is that these fish are a great source of protein. Protein naturally helps you lose weight more quickly than, say, carbohydrates. Adding any lean protein to your diet can help you boost your weight loss.
- Adding high-fat fish to your diet can help you lose weight more quickly
- The omega-3s in these fish have additional health benefits to your heart and more
- Protein as a whole is a great addition to any diet
4. Coffee and green tea
That’s right, women. Your favorite drinks are known to be fat burning foods. Adding a cup of coffee or a mug of green tea to your diet can help you lower your BMI more quickly and you’ll get the extra boost of a bit of energy to start your morning.
There are a few things to remember when you add coffee or green tea to your diet. First if you’re sensitive to caffeine this may not be a great option for you. Medications may also be impacted, so be sure you check with your doctor before you begin drinking or taking caffeine.
Another important thing to remember is that if you want to lower your BMI you’re going to have to stay away from those sugary drinks. Coffee shop “blends,” sweetened teas and energy drinks are a no-no as they add tons of sugar and fat to your diet. If you’d like a glass of sweet tea every now and then that’s fine – just sure you keep track of those calories.
- The caffeine in coffee and green tea can help you lose weight more quickly
- Be sure you stay away from the sugar-packed drinks and energy drinks
- Check with your doctor before you add caffeine to your diet if you’re sensitive to the chemical
5. Spicy peppers
Women, you know how you get all hot and sweaty when you eat spicy foods? There’s a reason for that! In fact, spicy peppers like cayenne and chili can help you lower your BMI and are great fat burning foods.
The secret to peppers is a compound called capsaicin. This substance can not only help you lose weight more quickly, but can also reduce inflammation, make you feel more full and prevent you from overeating.
Peppers that contain capsaicin include chilis, jalapenos, bell peppers and even bell peppers! Yep, you heard that right! You don’t need the heat of a spicy pepper to help accelerate your weight loss.
- Peppers which contain a substance called capsaicin can help you drop pounds more quickly
- Spicy foods containing chili peppers, cayenne and others are all helpful
- Even bell peppers contain a bit of capsaicin and can help you lose weight and lower your BMI
6. Full fat dairy
In the same way that eating high fat fish seems nonsensical for weight loss, you may be a bit wary of claims that full fat dairy products are fat burning foods. But it’s true – opt for full fat dairy instead of the skim and low fat versions if you want to lose weight fast.
Go to the grocery store and compare the ingredients and nutritional information in a low-fat versus a high fat dairy product. See the difference? That low-fat version has so much more salt and sugar than the full fat version. Both of these ingredients are well-known to impede weight loss and cause other health concerns.
To lower your BMI, choose full fat versions of cottage cheese, milk, yogurt and other dairy products. Keep your fat intake in mind, however, and limit your dairy to a reasonable amount each day.
- Full fat dairy will help you burn fat more quickly than the low fat versions
- Choose full fat milk, cheese, yogurt and more for faster weight loss
- Limit your fat intake each day – consume dairy with your daily fat intake in mind
There are quite a few delicious fat burning foods that women can add to their diets to lower BMI. Choose just one or two of these surprising options to see your weight loss increased in no time at all!