How To Lose Fat In Your Face – 9 Must Taken Steps
You’ve been working hard to lose fat and lower your BMI, right? Well there may be something you’re missing – your face. Are you curious how to get a skinnier face and lose fat on your most visible features? This guide is for you! You’ll learn:
- How to lose fat in your face
- How to use appetite suppressants and weight loss pills to make your face look skinnier
- How to exercise the muscles in your face to lose that extra “fluff”
Let’s get going! Here’s now you can lose weight and get a skinnier face.
1. Drink more water
One of the most likely culprits causing your face to look chubby is fluid retention. If you drink a lot of caffeine, eat a lot of salty foods or are just generally dehydrated, your face is going to look really puffy. Thankfully, that’s super easy to fix!
All you have to do is figure out why you’re retaining fluids. You can almost instantly (within the day, at least) make it look like you have a skinnier face without worrying about losing fat or reaching your goal BMI. All you have to do is drink more water.
Add a splash of lemon or lime to your water, as these are natural diuretics. You’ll also want to hold off on the extra salt for a day or so, as that’s a sure fire way to make your face look chubby. In short, you can make your face look thinner very easily by just drinking more water!
- Sometimes your face will look fat because you’re retaining fluids
- You can remedy this in a day or so
- Just drink more water, and add a splash of lemon or lime juice
2. Speaking of salt…
Sodium is a huge culprit for making your face look fat. You’ll have to cut down indefinitely if you don’t want to continually look bloated. The same goes for alcohol – that beer and alcopop isn’t helping you get a skinnier face.
Cut down on your salt intake for good – it’s good for you anyhow. Less salt is better for your blood pressure, and can lower your risk of heart disease and stroke. In other words, it’s just a good idea in general.
Doctors recommend that your daily salt intake not exceed one teaspoon. And that’s not just what you get from the shaker – that includes the salt in your canned foods, natural foods and that pack of Ramen noodles you ate for lunch today.
Skipping the salt doesn’t have anything to do with your BMI, but it sure doesn’t hurt! You can get a skinnier face by limiting your sodium intake.
- Salt is just about guaranteed to make you retain fluid
- Fluid retention will make your face look fat
- Limit your total sodium intake to about a teaspoon per day
3. Try a weight loss supplement
Weight loss pills, when used correctly, can help you lose fat, get a skinnier face and lower your BMI. So why not try to add one to your daily routine?
There are all sorts of weight loss supplements on the market, but they usually fall under one of three categories: appetite suppressants, fat blockers and fat burners. Talk to your doctor about which one is right for you before you begin, as some may interfere with your medications or medical conditions.
Weight loss supplements can help bump your weight loss considerably, and they can be motivating as well! For some people, simply taking a weight loss supplement is all the motivation they need to eat right all day long.
When you lose weight overall, you’re obviously going to lose weight in your face, too. Weight loss supplements and pills could be just the boost you need to lose weight all over.
- Weight loss supplements can be helpful and motivating
- There are several types of supplements – talk to your doctor about which is best for you
- When you lose weight overall, your face will be skinnier, too!
4. Exercise those face muscles
It sounds silly. We know. But just do a quick Google search and you’ll see exactly what we mean. There’s quite a craze going on where people are doing around 10 minutes of facial exercises each day – and the results are amazing!
If you’re looking for examples, search for Japanese face exercises. Now, we don’t know of any medical studies that have been done on the effects of these exercises, but you’ve got to admit – those who say they do these exercises look darn good, even in their senior years!
You’re going to feel silly when you do face exercises and face yoga, so do them in the privacy of your own home or a bathroom stall at Burger King. As long as you’re comfortable doing them, there’s no harm so why not give face exercises a try to get a skinnier face and lose fat around the 43 muscles in your face?
- Your face has 43 muscles, but there’s a good chance you forget to exercise them!
- People have been doing “face yoga” for years – it may make you look younger
- Try exercising your facial muscles to lose fat in your face
5. Take a spin class
Or get on a treadmill, or go jogging, or go for a walk… you get the point. Cardio. Cardio exercises can help you reduce your overall BMI and lose fat for a skinnier face. In fact, the more cardio you do in the long run, the more you’re going to burn fat while you rest.
Professionals recommend that you get 75 minutes of vigorous exercise each week, but 150 minutes of moderate exercise is also sufficient. You can walk, swim, hike, bike, or even rake leaves in your back yard – it all counts as exercise, so get moving!
You’re going to lose fat and get a skinnier face while you lower your BMI when you just get up off the couch. Really – it doesn’t matter what you do. Dance, ride a horse, vacuum the floor or take a Zumba class. Of course, it’s also going to help if you’re taking a weight loss pill too.
- Moderate to vigorous exercise will help you lose fat and lower your BMI
- As you lose weight, your face will get skinnier
- It doesn’t matter how you move, as long as you just do it
6. Cut out the bread
Like sodium, refined and processed carbohydrates can make your face look fat. This isn’t fluid retention, though – it’s actual stored fat that’s caused by these unnatural starches that are low in fiber. Now, whole grains are always a good addition to your diet. The fiber alone can help you lose fat. But the white bread? Go ahead and just say no.
Refined and processed carbohydrates have been shown to increase your belly – and overall – fat. Over the course of five years, subjects who ate more sugars, refined carbs and alcohol retained more fat than those who consumed less. As you know by now, a decrease in overall fat will give you a skinnier face.
Love breads and pastas? No problem! You can reduce your BMI and lose fat. Just switch to whole grain products and you can still enjoy the starchy foods you love.
- Refined carbohydrates can increase your body fat, so skip them!
- People who eat more of these starches retain more body fat than those who eat less
- You can still enjoy grains, just make sure they’re whole grains
Have you ever woken up after just a few hours of sleep and looked in the mirror? Not cute, right? Your eyes are poofy, your lips look thin and pale and your face just looks fat. You can have a skinnier face in just a few days when you make some adjustments to your sleep schedule.
When you miss out on sleep, you do a number of things to your body. The first thing you need to know is that researchers, scientists and doctors agree – adults need between 7 to 9 hours of sleep every night (or day, if you’re a night shift worker). That’s continual, uninterrupted sleep. If you don’t get that, here’s what happens.
- You’re going to rely on lattes and frappu-cappu-mocha-chino-lattes to get you going in the morning. To put that in perspective, a large Starbucks Caramel Macchiato has 510 calories. Ouch.
- You’re going to get hungry in the middle of the night. That’s just hormones and science. Your body produces a number of hormones that impact your hunger and your circadian rhythms. When they’re impacted, your eating patterns are, too.
- Did we mention hormones? There are natural chemicals your body produces that will definitely impact your weight loss if you don’t sleep well. Ghrelin and cortisol are the two most likely hormonal influencers on your late night snacking habits. Leptin is another big one, as being deprived of sleep will reduce the amounts of this appetite-regulating hormone.
- When you’re hungry and sleepy at 3 in the morning, your brain isn’t working properly. You’ll snack. Trust us.
There are so many good reasons why you should get more sleep, including a skinnier face. When you get 7 to 9 hours of solid sleep each night, you’ll lose fat and reduce your BMI more easily than if you burn the candle at both ends.
8. Use makeup
Men, this goes for you as well. There are plenty of unisex products on the market that you can use to get the illusion of a skinnier face. You can use BB cream and even contouring powder to give yourself the appearance of a skinnier face, without ever worrying about your BMI.
Women, you may want to do a little more than just contouring. Use mascara, shadow and liner to make your eyes pop and distract others from puffy cheeks or a double chin. Don’t forget to fill in your brows with a natural looking pencil, too! Finally, add some shimmering powder or bronzer to highlight your cheekbones.
Makeup can work miracles if you’re trying to make your face look thinner. Use these tools to enhance your appearance as you diet and exercise to lose fat all over.
- Makeup products are available to both men and women
- Making your eyes “pop” is an easy way to make your face look thinner
- Finishing and shimmering powder will tidy up your look and give you a skinnier face
9. Dress to suit your size and shape
If your face is fat, you shouldn’t wear a turtleneck. You already know this. So what should you wear to look like you have a skinnier face? Your clothing choices can make a huge difference in how you look, so think twice before you put on those shoulder pads this morning.
Clothes can give you a skinnier face without even trying. Opt for low-collared shirts like v-necks and polos and stay away from the ones that cover your neck. Darker colors like black and darker blues will also slim you down. Wearing horizontal stripes is also a no-no. If you must wear stripes, be sure they’re vertical.
Accessorize! Hats with a smaller brim and a high crown can make you look thinner. Women, dangly earrings can make your face look great, too. Avoid the oval and teardrop shaped ones, and choose angular earrings that contrast with the shape of your face.
You can always make yourself look thinner by wearing clothes that flatter your shape. Don’t forget to accessorize, and keep your color choices in mind.
- The way you dress can impact how much thinner your face will look
- Avoid high collared shirts and horizontal stripes
- Be sure to accessorize and choose styles that look good on you
You can make your face skinnier by losing weight! But in the meantime, there are plenty of tips and tricks you can use to give the illusion of a slimmer, more healthy face. Wear the right clothes and accessories, put on a little makeup and make sure you’re not retaining fluid. You’ll notice a difference in the way your face looks in no time at all!